You are currently on GAC Worldwide website.
Leverage on our experience and expertise with integrated shipping, logistics and marine services tailored to meet your needs.
29 Feb 2020 / Cotonou, Benin
Cotonou port being a maritime border which is regularly used by several users and foreigners, the Cotonou Port Authority invites all it staff and users to implement the following preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection on the port platform:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or with hydro alcoholic gel;
- Avoid direct physical contact with sick people;
- Wear a mask or gloves if you go to densely populated areas (boarding formalities);
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crook of your elbow before coughing or sneezing;
- Do not come into contact with objectively sick animals;
- Do not consume undercooked meat, unpasteurized dairy products, raw foods (salads, fruits, raw vegetables) if you cannot be sure that they have been previously washed with decontaminated water;
- Avoid close unprotected contact with people having fever and cough and consult a doctor in case of fever, cough and breathing difficulties.
All port operators (stevedores, shipping agents, forwarding agents, transporters) are invited to implement the above measures in order to preserve the health of their staff and port users to avoid the horrors of this virus.
(For information about operations in Benin, contact the GAC Dubai Hub Agency Centre at [email protected])
Source: OMA Benin – GAC agent
01 Feb 2023
01 Feb 2023
Deendayal (Kandla), India