Due to COVID-19, the Bangladesh Government has declared leave for all government organisations and offices from 26 March to 4 April.
During this period, however, at Chattogram port:
- Pilot service will be provided for incoming ships in the navy section of the port.
- Ships will be berth and quarantine of sailors activated.
- Transport division will conduct cargo loading/unloading activities 24/7 for incoming ships and arrangements will be made for delivery immediately after customs clearance.
- Port security operational 24/7.
- Chattogram port hospital will be run continuously.
- Mechanical division will confirmation for continuous running of all port machinery.
- Continuous electricity supply will be maintained.
- Port fire service remains 24/7.
- System analyst, CTMS and ICT based facilities will be kept running.
- Civil engineering department will keep ready an emergency response team on call.
- Transportation division, shipping agents, C&F agents, berth operator, terminal operator, ship handling operators and others port users shall offer necessary help to customs department to making speed on delivery activities.
- All divisional chief shall adopt arrangements for executing official works through e-filing on emergency text.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Bangladesh, contact the GAC Dubai Hub Agency Centre at [email protected]