Due to the rising number of COVID-19 infections and deaths in the country, the Malaysian Government has today (13 April) extended the Movement Control Order until 28 April. This applies to all Industries and sectors except those approved as exempt by the Government.
The order includes:
- Prohibition of mass movements and gatherings across the country including religious, sports, social and cultural activities.
- Malaysians returning from overseas must undergo a health check and quarantine (or self-quarantine) for 14 days.
- Restrictions on the entry of all tourists and foreign visitors into the country.
- Closure of all kindergartens, government and private schools including daily schools, boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centers and other primary, secondary and pre-university institutions.
- Closure of all public and private higher education institutions (IPTs) and skills training institutes nationwide.
- Closure of all government and private premises except those involved in essential services (water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, postal, transportation, irrigation, oil, gas, fuel, lubricants, broadcasting, finance, banking, health, pharmacy, fire, prison, port, airport, safety, defense, cleaning, retail and food supply).
For information about operations in Malaysia, contact GAC Malaysia at [email protected]