You are currently on GAC Worldwide website.
Leverage on our experience and expertise with integrated shipping, logistics and marine services tailored to meet your needs.
08 Nov 2022 / Australia
Tug operator Svitzer Australia has received further notices of protected industrial action affecting ports nationally, including a range of work stoppages in Western Australia ports by members of the maritime unions (AMOU, AIMPE and MUA) and action in Sydney and Melbourne.
This includes a combination of action that results in 24 hours of work stoppages on 10 November and into 11 November in Western Australia.
Further, the Australian Maritime Officers Union has advised of bans on types of work (such as training, unavailability of fixed term employees) and a 24 hour ban on the performance of work on certain shipping line vessels in Melbourne and Sydney.
ALBANY & FREMANTLE
- Between the three unions there will effectively be 24 hours of work stoppages from 7am on Thursday 10 November until 7am on Friday 11 November.
- There will be a further work stoppage by tug engineers from 11pm on Friday 11 November until 3am on Saturday 12 November.
- Between the three unions there will effectively be 25 hours of work stoppages from 7am on Thursday 10 November until 8am on Friday 11 November.
FREMANTLE & KWINANA
- An indefinite ban on tug masters training any crew.
- The above action is in addition to 12 hours of already notified work stoppages in Geraldton on 9 and 10 November by engineers (9pm-1am on 9 November), deckhands (3pm-7pm on 10 November) and Masters (8pm-midnight on 10 November).
NEW SOUTH WALES & VICTORIA
MELBOURNE & SYDNEY
- 24-hour ban on the performance of work on certain shipping line customers from 00:01 ON Thursday 10 November.
- 24 hours where a tug masters that are fixed term employees outside of rostered duty are not available and a 24 hour ban on performing relief work, from 00:01 on Thursday 10 November.
Svitzer advises that customers should plan for significant disruption to services at these ports.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Australia, contact GAC Australia at [email protected]
02 Dec 2022
ADNOC Oil terminals - Das Island & Zirku Island, Abu Dhabi
01 Dec 2022