You are currently on GAC Worldwide website.
Leverage on our experience and expertise with integrated shipping, logistics and marine services tailored to meet your needs.
16 Jun 2020 / Pakistan
The National Command and Coordination Centre has identified 20 cities across Pakistan as potential coronavirus hotspots under the trace, track and quarantine policy, which needs restrictive measures for containment of Covid-19 through smart lockdown strategy in line with Prime Minister announcement.
Hotspots include major cities like Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Multan & others.
The government of the province/state of Punjab has imposed smart lockdown in eight major hotspots in city of Lahore.
The government of the province/state of Sindh is considering sealing coronavirus hotspots in Karachi City.
The local administration of Peshawar City has enforced "controlled exit and entry" in four localities of the provincial capital.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health has explained idea of Smart Lockdown as:
- mobility in the hotspot area will be curtailed
- it will not be a complete curfew
- shops selling essential items remain open in the areas and supply of edible items and medicines is allowed
- SOPs would be followed, people should not move unnecessarily and they should wear masks.
An advisory has been issued by Port Health Establishment regarding crew handling and berthing of vessels, highlighting on below factors:
- Number of seafarer sign-on during the last 30 days must be mentioned in Maritime Declaration of Health as per Protocol of IHR-2005.
- No vessel is allowed to berth at Karachi Seaport without completion of the period of 15 days from the date of sign-on the seafarer, otherwise PCR Test [COVID-19] must be carried out of the seafarer.
- Permission for berthing of vessel shall be granted after submission of PCR Test [Covid-19] or completion of 15 days period of sign-on of the seafarer.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Pakistan, contact GAC Pakistan at [email protected]
31 Jan 2023
Panama Canal, Panama
31 Jan 2023