You are currently on GAC Worldwide website.
Leverage on our experience and expertise with integrated shipping, logistics and marine services tailored to meet your needs.
09 Nov 2022 / Australia
Tug operator Svitzer Australia is experiencing a significant escalation in protected industrial action across Australia’s major ports with widespread stoppages scheduled from tomorrow (10 November) through to Tuesday (15 November).
The new protected industrial action contains more than 80 hours of work stoppages across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. This is in addition to the work stoppages in Western Australia and ongoing bans in ports across the country.
- 8-hour stop work period by tug masters from 22:00 on Saturday 12 November until 06:00 on Sunday 13 November
- 8-hour stop work period by tug engineers from 06:01 until 14:01 on Sunday 13 November
MELBOURNE & WESTERNPORT
- 8-hour stop work period by deckhands, engineers and masters from 00:01 until 08:00 on Monday 14 November
- 48-hour ban by tug masters on the performance of work on certain shipping line vessels on Saturday 12 November and Sunday 13 November
- 48-hour stop-work period by casual and fixed term tug masters from 00:01 on Saturday 12 November until 00:01 on Monday 14 November
- 48-hour ban on performing recall and/or relief work from 00:01 on Saturday 12 November until 00:01 on Monday 14 November
The above actions are in addition to stop work periods in Western Australia from tomorrow in Albany, Fremantle, Kwinana and Geraldton.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Australia, contact GAC Australia at [email protected]
01 Dec 2022
30 Nov 2022