You are currently on GAC Worldwide website.
Leverage on our experience and expertise with integrated shipping, logistics and marine services tailored to meet your needs.
12 Mar 2020 / Torres Straits, Australia
Torres Pilots Pty Ltd are requesting Masters of vessels to provide a declaration advising:
- If anyone onboard is displaying any flu like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, breathing difficulty, headache, nausea/vomiting or fever
- If any of the ship’s crew joined the vessel at a Chinese, Hong Kong, Taiwanese or South Korean port in the last 14 days
- If any of the ship’s crew went ashore and re-joined the vessel at a Chinese, Hong Kong, Taiwanese or South Korean port in the last 14 days
- If anyone on board has visited or had contact with anyone from the Hubei province in China over the past 14 days
- If the vessel departed any Chinese or South Korean port within the last 14 days (if so, advise name of port and date of departure).
This declaration must be emailed to the Torres Pilots at [email protected] as soon as possible.
Torres Pilots will not embark a marine pilot onboard a vessel within the 14-day quarantine period from departure of declared high risk countries; China & South Korea.
If any crew member develops the above symptoms prior to the boarding of the marine pilot, the Master must advise Torres Pilots immediately.
Any undeclared symptoms of the virus which are subsequently identified after the port pilot has boarded could cause Government Quarantine, Immigration or Health Departments to apply restrictions and cause delays of up to 14 days.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Australia, contact GAC Australia at [email protected]
28 Nov 2023
28 Nov 2023