The Western Australian State Government made changes to their “closing the borders” direction in relation to crew changes. A summary of these changes are as follows:
A maritime crew member can only disembark from an affected vessel:
1. at a Perth Port;
2. at a port other than a Perth Port if, as soon as possible (within 8 hours) after they disembark the vessel they board a charter flight to Perth airport;
3. at any port to undertake port activities;
4. at any port to transfer to another vessel in the port;
When the crew member disembarks an affected vessel or charter flight in Perth they must:
A crew member who is ordinarily resident in Australia may, in addition to the above, disembark a vessel in a Perth Port and go directly to a quarantine centre for 14 days. Or, if they disembark in a port other than a Perth Port, as soon as possible after they disembark the vessel, board a charter flight to an airport in the Perth metropolitan region and then go directly to a quarantine centre where they will undergo 14 days' quarantine.
PERSONS FLYING INTO WESTERN AUSTRALIA TO BECOME CREW MEMBERS:
No real changes. Arrive in Perth and will go to either a Crew Hotel (Interstate Travellers) or a Quarantine Centre (International).
A Crew Member disembarking at a port that is not a Perth Port, and leaving Perth on a flight within 8 hours (arriving by vessel):
- can take a private chartered vehicle to a nearby regional airport
- must take a private chartered flight to Perth, to meet a flight leaving Australia
A Crew Member disembarking at a port that is not a Perth Port, and Leaving Perth on a flight more than 8 hours later (arriving by vessel):
- can take a private chartered vehicle to a regional airport
- must take a private chartered flight to Perth
- will be transported directly to a Quarantine Centre
- can leave the Quarantine Centre to meet a flight leaving Australia
Any crew member who disembarks in a port other than Perth will not be allowed to board a commercial flight.
In order to disembark a non-Australian resident must have a ticket or other confirmed booking for a flight to a destination outside of Australia.
For information about operations in Australia, contact GAC Australia at [email protected]
01 Feb 2023
Deendayal (Kandla), India
31 Jan 2023
Panama Canal, Panama