This online GAC News Service (‘the Service’) is provided by the GAC Group. These following terms and conditions apply to the use of the GAC News Services. In these terms and conditions, “Subscriber” means an individual subscriber and ‘Authorised User’ means an employee duly authorised by an organisation which is a Subscriber or any other person expressly authorised by the GAC News Service. “Unauthorised Person” means any person who is neither a Subscriber nor an Authorised User.
The GAC News Service may suspend access by any person to the Service at any time without compensation if it has reasonable grounds to suspect a breach of these terms and conditions by that person.
Your access to and use of the GAC News Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions.
Restrictions on use:
Authorised Users and Subscribers may not:
- make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to Unauthorised Persons;
- re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
- make the Service or any Materials available to Unauthorised Persons on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet;
- abstract, download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by paragraph 1 above;
Passwords and security
- If passwords are issued by the GAC News Services to access the Service;
- no password may be made available to any Unauthorised Person for the purpose of using the Service;
- if GAC News Services suspects that a password is being used by an Unauthorised Person the password maybe cancelled;
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended as a substitute for professional advice or judgement. No Materials or information should be relied upon to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but Subscribers and Authorised Users should obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
- All intellectual property rights and other rights in the GAC News Services (in both machine readable and printed form) belong to the GAC News Services or their third party licensors. Authorised Users and Subscribers acquire no proprietary interest in the Service or Materials and except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions and may not use the Service or the Materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.
- Authorised Users and Subscribers may not obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on Materials printed from the Service.
Limitation of liability
- The GAC News Services shall have no liability for any damage or loss (including, without limitation, financial loss, loss of profits, loss of business or any indirect or consequential loss), however it arises, resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service or any material appearing on it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Service or any such material.
- The liability of the GAC News Services for interruptions to availability of the Service caused by circumstances within its control shall not exceed the amount paid by the Subscriber for access to the Service in respect of the period of non-availability. The only obligation of the GAC News Services in respect of interruptions caused by circumstances outside its control shall be to use all reasonable efforts to have the Service reinstated.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.